Click Here to Download a PDF
Thank you for purchasing MudBusters fender flares for the 2020 Polaris RZR PRO XP models! We manufacture the bestselling fender flare kits for UTVs and side by sides! All our products are made in the USA with US sourced materials. Your new extended fenders were designed to deflect debris and reduce the amount of mud that typically gets thrown from the tires into unwanted areas. These fenders are made from high-quality American made material. They can withstand a lot of abuse, but they are not designed for crash protection, absorbing impacts, rollovers, or for uprooting trees. If you have an accident or if you happen to damage your fenders, discounted replacement fenders can be ordered by phone (for existing customers only). Unlike other manufacturers, you do not have to buy a complete set if you damage just one fender.
Some of the images in the instructions below may differ from the actual product. In our continual effort to increase customer satisfaction, we may change the style, material, and/or hardware to better serve you. If your fenders get slightly distorted while in transit, apply pressure to the distorted areas to straighten them out before installation.
Use caution when drilling into the factory panels of your vehicle. Make that you do not penetrate surrounding parts or the chassis (unless instructed). Self-tapping screws and push rivets are an effective way to fasten the fender flares to your machine and are provided for an easy installation. However, you can use other methods of securing our extended fenders to your vehicle as well (i.e. rivets, misc. hardware, etc.). Remember, it may be helpful to have a friend assist you with the installation.
Carefully open your package from the top (or bottom) of the box by removing the staples with a flat-head screwdriver or plyers. Slide the fenders out of the box and make sure that any staples do not scratch your fenders. MudBusters are formed to fit your machine but are shipped in a narrow box. You may find it necessary to apply pressure and re-bend some of your fenders for a better fit. Don’t worry, they’re very durable and will not break from re-shaping them!
Front Fender Flare Installation
- Remove factory bolts from machine. Place the fender in the wheel well and line up pre-drilled holes in the fender with the location of the factory holes
- Do not tighten all the way until you are satisfied with the fit of the flare. Use clamps to keep the top portion of the fender in place. Once satisfied with the fit, tighten each bolt
- Using a cordless drill with a 5/16" drill bit, drill the additional holes required for installation in the order below. After your hole is drilled, immediately insery a plastic rivet before drilling the next hole (see Figure F2)
- Some of the plastic rivets may be difficult to push. We recommend using the backside handle of a screwdriver to push the rivet into place.
- Using a cordless drill with a 9/32" drill bit, drill the additional holes required for install at the top of the fender flare. Insert a 3/4 bolt into each hole, add washer and lock nut (see Figure F3)
Using a larger drill bit may allow the fender to come off when riding! The rivets need to be a tight fit to secure the fender flare to the fender. We recommend a 5/16 drill bit. Black hardware can also be used for harsh riding conditions and is available on our website for $9.99
Rear Fender Flare Installation
- Locate the factory holes in the rear lower portion of the vehicle (see Figure R1)
- Once you have done so place the fender upagainst the holes and working from the bottom up insert a 3/4" bolt into each hole and then add your washer and lock nut to the back side of the factory fender of the fender. Do not tighten all the way. (see Figure R2)
- Place the upper portion of the fender up to the vehicle sliding the rear of the fender between the taillight and the factory fender. use clamps or a friend to hold in place. (see Figure R3)
- Using a cordless drill with a 9/32" drill bit, drill the additional holes required for install at the bottom of the fender flare. Insert a 3/4 bolt into each hole, add a washer and lock nut. (see Figure R4)
- Tighten all bolts until snug
Included in the fender kit
- (4) 3/4 Bolts
- (4) Washers
- (4) Locknuts
- (4) Push Rivets
- (16) 3/4 Bolts
- (16) Washers
- (16) Locknuts
- (4) Self-tapping Screws